Medovukha - a hit of the season
The most ancient alcoholic drink in Russia was not vodka, but mead, and the presence of natural bee honey in mead makes this drink unique and truly useful. It contains a lot of vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Included with the composition of mead, honey gives the drink anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-allergic and antibacterial properties.
You can make mead at home:
- Honey - 400 grams
- Raisins - 3 tablespoons
- Lemon - 3 units
- Yeast - 1 teaspoon
- Water - 5 liters
How to cook
- Raisins rinse, cut lemons in quarters, remove seeds, put together with honey in a large saucepan.
- Boil some water, cool it a bit, and pour it over the honey with the lemon and raisins. Stir well so that the honey dissolves completely.
- When it has cooled down to the temperature of steamed milk, add to the infusion yeast diluted in water.
- Leave to ferment in a warm place for 24 hours. When the fermentation begins, raisins and lemons will float to the top.
- The resulting drink strain through a sieve, pour into bottles, tightly corked and stored in a cold place. In two weeks the mead is ready to drink.
Or you can visit Cafe Rasputin, where there is a new menu - mead from the cellars of the Moscow region for only 210 rubles!